Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this recipe made on an Italian cooking show, it was all in Italian, but the recipe was so easy to follow I didn't need to know the language. You can use either fresh spinach, or frozen, but if you do, make sure the excess moisture has been squeezed out. I served it with roasted chicken.
- 1 kg fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, more or less to your garlic preference
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic, either chopped or smashed.
- Cook the garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and with tongs, turn constantly until wilted.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
I made this to go with some salmon I was making and had it on the side. I didn't add the nutmeg, as the dish I was having had lots of flavors in it already. Next time I will try it with the nutmeg, when I have it with something different.
I went to dinner at a restaraunt a few weeks ago that had this exact spinach underneath a fresh tuna steak. This is JUST what I was looking for! It is super easy and super healthy! I will make this many more times!!! Thank you so much for sharing! LA :-)