Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste, eyeball it
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 -3 dashes red pepper flakes
- 2 heads escarole, trimmed, rinsed, and dried
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-low heat with garlic and anchovy. Cook together 3 to 4 minutes to infuse garlic into oil.
- Remove the garlic cloves and stir oil to mix in the melted anchovies and add the red pepper flakes.
- Raise heat to medium-high. When oil ripples or begins to waft smoke, add greens and stir fry them 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the greens, toss, and serve.