Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old recipe from the South. Great in the Spring when they just pop up all over the place. Nice and young!
- Washing the greens very carefully, discarding the roots and tough stems. Dry between two towels. Tear the greens into small pieces.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until the bacon is very crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel.
- Add the mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to the fat in the pan. Bring to boil and put in dry greens.
- Cover and cook the greens for about 3 minutes, until just hot and wilted.
- Transfer to a warm vegetable dish and crumble bacon all over the top.
My M-I-L used to make this, and sauteed an onion first, so I did it that way. And used equal amounts of sugar and vinegar. Hard part is cutting and cleaning all the dangelions! thanx for the reminder. Not sure I would add the dry mustard next time.