Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love cabbage dishes.... this is an easy and tasty side dish for BBQ's, etc ** NOTE... amount of chili powder has been changed after last review :)
- 5 -6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (the standard bag of slaw mix)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet and remove and drain it and crumble it.
- In the same skillet (with the bacon grease), cook the onion and and green or red pepper.
- Add in the bag of cole slaw mix and cook it until the slaw is limp.
- Add the remaining ingredients and warm all the way through.
- Add the bacon back into the mix and serve.
Very spicy cabbage which goes very well with pork, however next time I will cut down on the chili powder. Thanks for sharing!