Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is low in fat with no additional dressing keeping the fat down even more. Arugula has a peppery taste that goes nicely with the creamy cheese and crunchy pears while the mushrooms give it a meaty feel.For added texture add some toasted nuts.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 283.49 g button mushrooms (Baby Bella`s cut in 1/2)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml vermouth or 59.14 ml white wine
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml chili pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground nutmeg
- 1892.72 ml arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 pear, diced
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 59.14 ml toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula.
- Stir to slightly wilt.
- Place into a salad bowl top with diced pears and blue cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- May squeeze some fresh lemon over it!