Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives cookbook. Courtesy of Ed Wilson, owner of Wilson's Barbeque, Fairfield, Conn.
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup ketchup
- Whisk the vinegar, water, chile flakes, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt , pepper, and ketchup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes.