Recipe by Graybert
This recipe is from my co-worker's mother. It is his favorite cake - has requested it every year for his birthday for as long as he can remember. He brought it to work last month and oh my.....YUMMY!!! I don't like rhubarb - but this is awesome!! A definite treat to try! Thanks Wil! Prep time DOES NOT include chill time.
Top Review by firstname.lastname@example.org
We love this recipe! If you don't feel like splitting the cake into layers, just make extra filling and after you slice the cake, let the people add as much filling as they like to their cake slice. You don't see marshmellows in many rhubarb recipes, it's very good.
- 1 large angel food cake
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups of cut up rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped cream (use the "real" thing!!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 2 1/2- 3 cups cut rhubarb with 2 tbsp water (should make one cup of pulp when cooked and drained) To the still-warm pulp add: 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows- blend the pulp until the marshmallows are melted.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Whip one cup whipping cream until very stiff.
- Take half of the whip cream and blend it with the chilled rhubarb mixture.
- Cut the angel food cake into four layers.
- Take one cup of the rhubarb mixture and spread 1/3 cup between each layer of the cake.
- Take the remaining half cup of whip cream and add it to the remaining rhubarb mixture.
- This will make a lighter tasting icing for the entire cake.
- Ice the cake.
- Chill and serve.