Recipe by True Texas
This is my Mom's Mexican casserole, it's my brother's most requested dish.
Top Review by Chef_Beauchamp
Very good recipe overall. However we did find the corn tortilla shells to be a bit overpowering in the dish. Next time I will try using the flour ones even though they will be a bit soft I think it will work. We still enjoyed it but for our taste preference we do not care for the flavor of the corn shells.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion white, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can taco sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (small)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 corn tortillas, torn in pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onions, drain fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cheese and tortillas.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Now alternate torn tortillas, the meat and soup mixture then the cheese. You can do this twice. I like to end with the cheese or save some of the cheese for the top.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes.