Recipe by Tina and Dave
This is Wilma's recipe, and is yummy! It makes a great chicken salad dish, but is equally good with baked potatoes, in a sandwich...
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 10 fluid ounces mayonnaise
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, and diced
- 8 ounces cucumbers, diced
- 2 ounces peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and crushed garlic gently in the butter until soft but not browned.
- Add tomato puree, curry powder, lemon juice and jam.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the jam melts.
- Puree in a blender and allow to cool.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mixing well, and then carefully add the chicken, cucumber and half of the nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top.
- Note: I'm not keen on peanuts so leave them out. I also add black pepper.