Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My grandma used to make this every summer, when the garden was over flowing with zucchinis. I couldn't find the recipe for ages, until my parents moved and they found her old recipe book. Everything about this brings me back to slow, hot Virginia summers - spending time on the porch sipping iced tea and playing in the sprinkler.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 4 leeks
- 1 onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups buttermilk
- Chop the zucchini, leeks, onion and garlic and cook in a large sauce pan with the butter until the onions are clear.
- Add curry powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Puree veggies in blender with chicken broth. Allow to cool.
- After cooled, add buttermilk. Refrigerate.
- Serve cold and garnish with cilantro.