Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband has fallen hard for this recipe and has made it at least once a week since he discovered it. The rest of us like it too, so we don't complain.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 envelope knorr leek soup mix
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed or 4 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with butter.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese evenly into the baking dish (tilt dish if needed so that cheese covers butter evenly).
- In a sauce pan, add the milk and soup mix; heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add in the corn and sugar; return mixture to a boil, stir often.
- Transfer corn mixture to baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Dot the top of the casserole with butter pieces.
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until bubbling and the cheese is golden.
Tasty, easy to make, but not one to put on my favorites list.
So good, little strong tasting the more you eat, think it's the cheese, but man once you start munchin you can't stop!
Very easy and very good! My grocery store did not have leek soup mix, so I used Lipton's vegetable soup mix instead. It tasted great! I also added a few pimientos for a little extra color. We will definitely be making this one again.