Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Looking for a rich recipe, have't tried this yet, but keeping it here for safe keeping. From Cooks.com
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can water (use soup can)
- In saucepan, cook onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, pumpkin, and seasonings.
- Gradually add water.
- Heat; stir occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley.
How simple is this??!! I generally stay away from cream of crap concoctions but this one worked well for us. I was too lazy to use 1/2 a can of pumpkin so I just added an extra can of water. ;) I tried it with the nutmeg & it is glorious. But I added curry powder to the rest of the soup so it went better with the rest our dinner that night. It was fabulous as well! Made for M3C 11/09.