1/3 Photos of Williamsburg Orange Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This cake is baked in a bundt pan and is especially good if you use fresh orange juice in the glaze. Original recipe from the San Francisco Chronicle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir raisins and nuts into the dry ingredients and set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and blend in 1 cup of the sugar.
- 3Beat the eggs and add to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla and orange zest and mix well.
- 4Add the flour mixture in thirds, alternating with 1/2 cup buttermilk, and mix until well blended. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- 5While the cake is baking, combine the orange juice with the remaining cup of sugar.
- 6Spread tthis glaze over the top of the hot cake and immediately return it to the oven for about 10 minutes, until the glaze bubbles and the cake tests done when you insert a toothpick or wooden skewer near the center.
- 7Let the cake cool in the pan before turning it out onto a serving plate.The glaze may be sticky so run a dull knife around the edges of the cake before coaxing it out of the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Williamsburg Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 63.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of