- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 1⁄8 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cheese (if you leave it out overnight beforehand, the cheese should cream almost like butter).
- Beat in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Drop from small spoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 7-8 minutes.
- Lightly dust wax paper with confectioners' sugar.
- Place biscuits on prepared paper and sprinkle with more sugar.
- Serve hot.
- May be prepared several days in advance; freezes well.