Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Buttery cheese biscuits from Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. :o)
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 1⁄8 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream the cheese (if you leave it out overnight beforehand, the cheese should cream almost like butter).
- Beat in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Drop from small spoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 7-8 minutes.
- Lightly dust wax paper with confectioners' sugar.
- Place biscuits on prepared paper and sprinkle with more sugar.
- Serve hot.
- May be prepared several days in advance; freezes well.
Tasted like Cheese Its to me. My daughter, her friend, and I all loved them. I could eat them all day. :)
My boss made these biscuits for a bridal party once and everyone loved them, they werent greasy, maybe a bit heavy, but incredibly delicious. i love them.
No one cared for them when I served. Two said they were full of grease. I won't make again.