Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the vanilla buttercream frosting printed on the back of WIlliams Sonoma's cupcake mixes. Made this and found it to be very simple, yet wonderful. Perfect for generously frosting a dozen cupcakes!
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk (plus more, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat together the confectioners' sugar, butter, the 2 tablespoons milk, the vanilla and salt on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. If the frosting is dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks.
Loved it...just what I was looking for to frost a chocolate cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe.