Recipe by KLHquilts
The good folk at Williams-Sonoma were handing out samples of these a few weeks back. They were (of course) just scrumptious. These were made with Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter (sold at W-S, needless to say), but I would imagine that any good pumpkin butter would do just fine.
Top Review by MrsFlogerzi
Oh man! This is awesome! I went into WS the other day and had a delightful sample of these. I knew I could make it myself. I made my own pumpkin pecan butter (delish!)and whipped this up. I made mine in ramekins for indiviual desserts for a party I am throwing. It made 7 ramekins, I baked them for only 25 min at 350 degrees. They turned out picture perfect. Everyone is raving about them-I will definintely make again.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 368.54 g pumpkin butter (specifically 1 13-oz. jar of pumpkin pecan butter)
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml milk
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
- Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool to room temp and serve.