Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
The good folk at Williams-Sonoma were handing out samples of these a few weeks back. They were (of course) just scrumptious. These were made with Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter (sold at W-S, needless to say), but I would imagine that any good pumpkin butter would do just fine.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 13 ounces pumpkin butter (specifically 1 13-oz. jar of pumpkin pecan butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
- Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool to room temp and serve.
Oh man! This is awesome! I went into WS the other day and had a delightful sample of these. I knew I could make it myself. I made my own pumpkin pecan butter (delish!)and whipped this up. I made mine in ramekins for indiviual desserts for a party I am throwing. It made 7 ramekins, I baked them for only 25 min at 350 degrees. They turned out picture perfect. Everyone is raving about them-I will definintely make again.
I got this recipe when I worked at W-S one Christmas season it is excellent. I have used Trader Joe's pumpkin butter and it too was amazing...you couldn't tell the difference. The only thing missing...which I would love to know is the nutritional information. Does anyone know this?
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I had the W&S Pecan pumpkin butter recipe that had cream cheese in it, but THIS is the one that I was looking for. I really appreciate your posting it. :)