The good folk at Williams-Sonoma were handing out samples of these a few weeks back. They were (of course) just scrumptious. These were made with Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter (sold at W-S, needless to say), but I would imagine that any good pumpkin butter would do just fine.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
- Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool to room temp and serve.