Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
The good folk at Williams-Sonoma were handing out samples of these a few weeks back. They were (of course) just scrumptious. These were made with Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter (sold at W-S, needless to say), but I would imagine that any good pumpkin butter would do just fine.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 13 ounces pumpkin butter (specifically 1 13-oz. jar of pumpkin pecan butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- Mix remaining cake with with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg. Press mixture lightly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Mix one jar of pumpkin pecan butter with remaining two eggs and milk, and pour over cake mixture in pan.
- Mix remaining 1 cup cake mix with flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon, and crumble over the top of the pumpkin layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool to room temp and serve.
Oh man! This is awesome! I went into WS the other day and had a delightful sample of these. I knew I could make it myself. I made my own pumpkin pecan butter (delish!)and whipped this up. I made mine in ramekins for indiviual desserts for a party I am throwing. It made 7 ramekins, I baked them for only 25 min at 350 degrees. They turned out picture perfect. Everyone is raving about them-I will definintely make again.
I got this recipe when I worked at W-S one Christmas season it is excellent. I have used Trader Joe's pumpkin butter and it too was amazing...you couldn't tell the difference. The only thing missing...which I would love to know is the nutritional information. Does anyone know this?
You can find more recipes using Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin on Muirhead's website, www.muirheadfoods.com. The brie shown on the home page is amazing, but the squares are so easy to make and always a hit every time.