1/1 Photo of Williams-Sonoma Chicken and Vegetable Stracciatella
carrie sheridan's Note:
Easy to make and it's the "Jewish penicillin" for anyone who isn't feeling well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups prepared broth
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 stalk celery, julienned
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 lb spinach leaves, washed well
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 2In a saucepan, combine the stock and garlic and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the carrot and celery, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the parmesan, 2 TBS of the parsley, the chicken and the spinach.
- 5Return to a simmer and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, the spinach is wilted but still bright green and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Pour the eggs into the soup and stir back and forth with a fork until white threads of cooked egg appear.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with the remaining 2 TBS of parsley.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Williams-Sonoma Chicken and Vegetable Stracciatella
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 176.8 mg
- Sodium 698.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 37.8 g