1 hr 20 mins
Macadamias or hazelnuts are also good choices for this cake. It is best served warm from the oven, but it can be allowed to cool completely in its pan, covered with aluminum foil and stored at room emperature for up to 8 hours. To reheat, place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pear nectar
- 1 fresh pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1Position a rack in the middle of an oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and place in the oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 7 - 10 minutes. Watch them closely, they burn easily!
- 3Let cool and chop coarsely; set aside.
- 4Leave the oven set at 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan with 2-inch sides.
- 5Flour mixture: In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- 6In a large bowl, using any electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together ¾ cup of the brown sugar, the 5 tablespoons melted butter,eggs and nectar until blended.
- 7Stir in the flour mixture just until combined and then the pear cubes.
- 8Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- 9Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 10Transfer pan to a rack.
- 11While this cools:.
- 12In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the toasted walnuts, the remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar, the ¼ cup butter and the milk.
- 13Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce consistency, about 3 minutes.
- 14Pour the hot mixture over the hot cake in the pan. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- 15Slowly, Release the pan sides and place the cake on a plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- 16FROM : Cakes, Cupcakes and Cheesecakes by Williams-Sonoma.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for William-Sonoma Warm Pear Cake With Walnut Caramel Topping
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 239.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g