Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Recieved this in a WS magazine and I'm always looking for recipes for my tagine and this one sounds yummy. I often add a bay leaf during the simmering stage for extra flavor. Serve with mashed potatoes
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1700.97 g beef short ribs, bone in 6-8 pieces
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 177.44 ml shallot, finely diced
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 3.69 ml chili, Aleppo crushed
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 177.44 ml red wine
- Soak tagine according to manufacture's instructions.
- Place tagine on diffuser over medium-high heat; warm 1 tablespoojn oil.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Brown half of ribs on all sides, about 10 minutes total;.
- transfer to plate.
- Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remainng ribs.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cook celery, carrots and shallot 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste; cook 1 minute.
- Add aleppo chili, thyme, broth, wine, salt and pepper; bring to simmer.
- Return ribs to tagine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low;.
- cover and cook, turning ribs occasionally, until tender, 4-5 hours.