Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids and adults love this recipe! It is from the William-Sonoma "he Kid's Cookbook"
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Over medium-heat, melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and whisk it together with the butter until smooth and bubbly but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Cook, continuing to whisk, until the mixture is smooth, thickened and gently boiling, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Whisk until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta and sprinkle with black pepper. Stir until blended.
- Serve immediately.