1/1 Photo of William Sonoma Five-Spice Pork Wraps
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Another recipe I recieved in my WS magazine and so good. I learned to love Five-Spice while in China and was pleased to find this recipe; if you don't have the spice there are several recipes available on this site. For serving have butter lettuce leaves, steamed whtie rice, bean sprouts, and thinly sliced green onion and cilantro leaves for garnish. Serves a lot (14) so a great dish for company and easy to serve. When I made this made it easier by just browning the meat and the onions togheter and then dumping in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. Fall apart tender and easy to shred.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 10 large pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, I use low sodium
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, Sriracha plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In smal bowl, combine Chinese five spice, salt and pepper; rub on pork.
- 3In dutch oven (cocotte) over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil.
- 4Brown pork in batches, 6-8 minutes per batch.
- 5Transfer to large bowl.
- 6Reduce heat to medium; warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- 7Cook yellow onions 5 minutes.
- 8Add ginger and garlic; Cook 1 minute.
- 9Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, 2 Tablespoons chili sauce and broth; bring to simmer.
- 10Return pork to pot.
- 11Cover; bake in oven, turning pork occasionally, 2 1/2 hours.
- 12Skim fat off sauce.
- 13Pull pork apart into large chunks.
- 14Serve with lettuce leaves and garnish as listed above.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for William Sonoma Five-Spice Pork Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.3
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 1225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: