Recipe by Oolala
Celebrity recipe from Another Taste of Palm Springs. This uses pre-cooked shrimp. Figure 5-6 shrimp per person. This recipe doesn't say how many people this serves nor does it state the amount of shrimp (one bag of the pre-cooked frozen?) so I am guessing. Soak the defrosted shrimp in lemon juice in the refrigerator. Take out so they are not too cold, before starting herb sauce, and drain the lemon juice. Goes well with rice so start the rice when you begin the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 small bay leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- parsley, to garnish
- lemon slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Fry garlic until crisp and golden.
- Remove and discard.
- Add herbs and stir in white wine.
- Let simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to herb mixture in skillet.
- Cover and simmer 3 minutes to heat shrimp through, but not to cook.
- Serve with white rice and pour sauce over rice and shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.