Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ice water
- 1 cup strained apricot preserves
- 1 cup grated tillamook medium cheddar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tart apples, pared and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Put flour, sugar, and cinnamon in bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add egg yolks and ice water and mix until it almost forms a ball.
- Press over bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan; chill for 30 minutes.
- Warm the preserves in saucepan or microwave.
- Spread a half cup of the preserves over the bottom of the chilled pastry.
- Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
- Arrange apple slices over the mixture.
- Combine remaining warm preserves with lemon peel and brush over the apple slices.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Serve warm with slices of Tillamook cheese and vanilla ice cream.