Recipe by Aimee88
These are tasty, nutritious and easy to make. The recipe is from a collection Tasty Fat Loss and Muscle-Gaining Recipes by Will Brink, a bodybuilder. I use vanilla whey powder and add 1/4 C cocoa and mix it all in a food processor. This saves mashing bananas and fighting with the peanut butter. They also freeze well.
Top Review by Bizzie
These were great! I've tried a few different homemade protein bar recipes and this one is the best so far. I even halved the recipe and didn't measure most of the ingredients exactly and they were great. Took them to the beach to eat while everyone else ate junk! Additional Note: I have now made these a few times and have successfully replaced the bananas with applesauce and added ground flax seeds. They came out good but needed something..... I think that ingredient is probably a pinch of salt. I think that will bring out the flavors more.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (200g)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (30g)
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (300g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 7 tablespoons skim milk (100ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven for 5 minutes at 180° C (350° F).
- Mix the oats, whey and cinnamon.
- Add the peanut butter and stir in thoroughly.
- Add the egg whites, mashed bananas, and the honey.
- Add the nonfat milk slowly, while mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased, lined cake pan and level with a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting to reduce stickiness. Cut into 8 bars.