Recipe by JeanineD 2
This salad is a family favorite and comes from a chef that is a friend of mine The salad can be used as a side dish but is also very filling as a meal on it's own in the summer.
- 12 frozen potato patties
- 400 g black mushrooms
- 100 g rocket
- 500 g italian blend lettuce
- 80 ml Italian sauce
- 80 g pecorino cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 120 ml poppy seed dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mixed leaves evenly on serving platter, and lay rocket on top of mixed lettuce leaves.
- Deep fry potato patties drain on kitchen paper then place them on top of lettuce leaves.
- Slice and grill black mushrooms.
- Top potato patties with grilled mushrooms
- Drizzle napolitana sauce on top of mushrooms and top with a sun dried tomatoes.
- Shave pecorino then sprinkle pecorino shavings over the salad evenly.
- Serve with poppyseed dressing.