Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A popular Bob Evans salad. If you want to make it healthier, sub the breaded tenders for grilled.
Make and share this Wildfire Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped (depending on size or use blend of lettuces)
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 10 frozen breaded chicken tenders, baked according to package directions
- crushed tortilla chips or tostadas
- 1 cup wildfire barbecue sauce, divided (Jack Daniels Original or any other sweet bbq sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (or any other quality ranch dressing will do)
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. Mix well. Set aside.
- On large dinner plates, evenly divide lettuce, tomatoes, onions, corn, beans, and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. When chicken tenders are baked, brush both sides with remaining barbecue sauce. Add 5 to each salad. Sprinkle crushed chips over top. Serve with extra dressing on the side if desired.
Another great salad from gailanng. We loved this, dh cleaned his plate before I even sat down. That's how good this salad is. I grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast, brushed on the bbq sauce as requested and made exactly as written, the only thing I did different was to use pinto beans instead of black beans. This is so good, and good for you. Loved the blend of vegetables, cheese and bbq sauce and dressing. Never had this before, but I guarantee that I will be making this again often. thanks for another great meal. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT- Mexico
This is one of my favorite salads at Bob Evans. This recipe is delicious! I love that I can make something similar at home. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8 for Mexico/Tex-Mex region.
ACE! Great dressing and all.