Recipe by Happy Harry #2
During the wildfires in San Diego, Ca (2007), I was housebound several days due to the very poor air quality. Had to come up with an quick and easy dinner for myself and four students. It turned out to be a big hit--and I must say that I was so glad that I kept up on canned goods for just such an emergency.
- 6 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tamales
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packets corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each tamale into four parts. Mix chili and corn together. Blend in tamales and place into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle hot sauce on top.
- Mix muffin mix with the milk, eggs and sugar. Spoon on top of chili leaving a border around dish (I used a 9x13 pan).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, watch so it does not burn. Turn off oven. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Return to still hot oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- That's it! Enjoy!