Recipe by Mark Marcarian
Wid rice more wilder then you can imagine. Tasty good with my Marinated London Broil recipe!
Top Review by Welmoed Sisson
Interesting but lacks depth; probably because there is no salt in the recipe. I didn't do the last step (putting it over the coals) because I wasn't grilling anything. Next time I will play around with the seasonings -- maybe add some Sambal to it for a kick.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, green pepper, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil in saucepan until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in white rice and wild rice.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add black beans and water: mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into baking pan.
- Grill over hot coals for 5 minutes to add smoky flavor.