Recipe by William Blake
I just love the taste of this soup. It is my own recipe. This recipe is good for those who may be Diabetic. Because it is low in Carbs , it doesn't affect your sugar levels much.
Top Review by Nova Scotia Cook
Here in Nova Scotia we had 2 snowstorms this past week and wouldn't you know it, another is on the way for tomorrow!!! So I always like to have a nice homemade soup prepared to warm us up after we come in from being outside clearing away the snow. Willie, I want you to know that your vegetable beef soup is awesome. My husband tells me he could eat soup everyday and couldn't wait to sample yours. Well, he can't stop praising how good it is and I can't stop telling him how easy it was to make. In fact I filled a container to give to his brother and wife to have for their supper tonight. I'm certain they too will enjoy it. Willie, your soup is a definite keeper in our household.
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 lb stewing beef (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 small turnip (diced)
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried summer savory
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- On med.
- heat, heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- When the oil is hot, add beef and onions.
- Stir occasionally (the moisture in the meat and onions will keep it from going dry for a little while).
- When the onion is soft and the meat browned add 1 pkg.
- onion soup mix, stir and cook 1 min.
- ,add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, then add celery, carrots, turnip,potatoes.
- Cook 10 min.
- Add tomatoes (do not drain), 1 pkg.
- onion soup mix, savory, pepper, 5 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, cut heat back to low and cook slowly (covered) stiring occasionally for 1 Hr.
- or until the vegetables are cooked to your desired tenderness.