Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and yummy. My kids love it even though it has green peppers in it. We never have leftovers! I found a similar dish on a recipe site and I adapted it to suit my family, then named it 'Wild West Meat' to get my kids interested in it the first time I made it.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, drained if you like
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- elbow macaroni or rice, to serve it over
- Start your macaroni or rice cooking.
- Meanwhile, brown meat with green peppers and onions in large pan, drain.
- Add corn, beans, and bbq sauce to meat mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice or elbow macaroni. Good with a salad and garlic toast.