Recipe by Munchkin Mama
This may seem like an odd mixture, but the flavors blend very well. I like it because it is traditional cole slaw with a twist. This is best when you let the flavors mingle for a couple of hours before serving.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium Red Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red, green, or a combination)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 large dill pickles, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard (or coarse-grain brown mustard)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, apples, grapes, and onion. Add raisins, walnuts and pickles (if desired).
- In a small bowl use a wire whisk to combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add to cabbage mixture. Lightly toss until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-6 hours before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.