Recipe by Gerald Audette
This is a variation of a chili recipe in which I use Chicken instead of ground beef. I usually make two batchs and freeze individual servings in 1 cup containers. I usually use them up in lunches.
Top Review by LeighK
I made this recipe, though was somewhat loose with the measurements, using more beans, peppers, mushrooms, and ground meat than called for... since I used this to sort of clean out my fridge and cabinets. I also used the chicken breasts but used ground turkey (vs. ground chicken) because that's what I had on hand. It still came out absolutely wonderful and I will most definitely make this again.
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pcs
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut to 1-inch pcs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 stalks chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pan, over medium heat, cook meat in 2 tbsp olive oil until browned on all sides and ground meat is cooked thru.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the mushrooms, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes
- Add mushrooms after 1 hour.
- After 90 minutes remove from heat and place in single serving containers and freeze.