Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Kraft -- great meal to throw together using stuff I always have in the pantry!! Original recipe says that this makes 10 servings (1 cup each), but when using this as a main meal, there is no way my family could get 10 servings out of it!! I have reduced it to six servings, but judge accordingly :)
- 1 (24 ounce) package Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 2 (14 1/3 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Prepare shells and cheese dinner as directed on package.
- Stir in chili and peppers. Spread into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Prepare the cornbread batter as directed on package; spoon evenly over chili mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven, or until top of cornbread is golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serving Suggestion -- a little extra shredded cheese, or some sour cream! If you like it a little spicy, use hot chili with beans.
Yummy! We loved this and your right, there is no way MY family can get 10 servings .... lol we got 5 and half a serving left...lol. I didn't have a red pepper so I left that out but otherwise followed recipe to the "T". My kids really enjoyed this as did DH and myself. I served this with sour cream. Made for Kid Friendly Tag.