Recipe by Cheri B
Dad always smokes my salmon. But any GOOD market smoked salmon can be used, but try to find with the skin on as it is moister.
- 8 -10 ounces smoked salmon, skinned, deboned in flakes do not break it up to much mixing will do that
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesnaufchel or philladelphia cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cream or 3 tablespoons milk
- 5 stalks green onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out cream cheese to soften when soft place 2 - quart bowl.
- Mix in mayonnaise,sour cream,(or use 1 cup mayo) and milk.
- Stir with fork or hand mixer, scrape bowl often for even consistancy.
- If not creamy enough add more cream or milk, this will depend on the moisture in salmon, dryer salmon will suck up the moisture in dip.
- Add spices,lemon juice, and onion mix well taste and add more to your taste likes.
- Add salmon mix until just mixed do not over mix.
- Cover and refergerate 6-8 hours.
- Serve with herb, whole wheat crackers, or hearty bread.