Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely floral yummy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh wild rose petal
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add the eggs; beat well.
- Add grated lemon peel.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder& salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Cut the rose petals into bits.
- Add petals and lemon juice, stirring just enough to blend nicely.
- Fill each of the paper baking cups half full of cake batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool then frost and/or decorate (tiny roses, real or frosted, would be beautiful).
tasty cakes, used red rose petals, which gave the cakes a nice mixed colour effect. i used self raising flour instead of baking powder and added just a tiny amount of salt
Awsome recipe. i didn't use the rose petals however, because i did not have any. The lemon added a lovely flavor, and the cupcakes were moist, and awsome. I frosted mine with a light lemon frosting, and they are to die for. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks so much! :)