Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (9 ounce) package wild rice
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally until limp; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, hot water and rice; mix well. Heat to boiling, stir, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes longer.