Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A savory side dish! The rice soaks overnight.
- 1⁄2 lb wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken toasted pecans
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Soak rice overnight in water.
- Drain, wash well, and put in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water, add salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 1 hour, or until tender; drain if necessary.
- Saute mushrooms in butter, add pepper, and pour over rice.
- Add pecans, toss, and garnish with parsley before serving.
Very nice simple flavors. The pecans really make this dish. I did use olive oil rather than the butter to keep things healthy. Next time I'll add a bit more water as it did not quite make the 1 hour cooking time before cooking off. WIll certainly keep this one.