Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great side dish.
- 1 (15 ounce) box wild rice mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- I use Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and Long Grain.
- I'm not certain about the oz., but it is the regular size box. Prepare rice as directed on the package. It usually takes mine about 25 minutes.
- Lightly toast pecans in butter. Add celery and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add cooked rice, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- This is also good with a small can of mushrooms added.
This was a lovely change from regular rice. Even the 2 yr old I babysit loved it. I think to spice it up a bit I may add some seasoning next time, but it was wonderful as written