Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a tasty sounding recipe I found in a local newspaper. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's made with some of my favorite foods, so I imagine it'll be quite tasty. Per all reviewers I've changed the amount of chicken broth from the original 4 cups to 3 cups.
- Fry bacon til crisp and drain most of the drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and wild rice in remaining bacon drippings about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 45-60 minutes or'til rice is puffed and tender.
- Fluff rice with a fork, tast, and add salt to taste.
- Cook uncovered to evaporate any excess moisture if necessary.
- Toss with crumbled bacon before serving.
- Makes about 6 cups.
Huge hit with the man. He wants me to make this again very soon. He even ate all the leftovers, which is usually up to me. I don't know if it was the type of rice I used but there was liquid left at the end that wouldn't evaporate, so next time I may cut the chicken stock down to 3 or 3 1/2 cups. Keep those shroom recipes coming ReeLani!! Thanks for this one!
Very tasty rice! I omitted the bacon, but sautÃ©d the rice in bacon fat instead of butter to get the flavor. I also used well-drained canned mushrooms.
This tasted so wonderful with the bacon and mushrooms in it. I did have to cut my chicken broth back to 3 cups and I used a brown and wild rice mix. When I make it again Im going to add a little fresh garlic to it, but its perfect just the way it is. Thanks a whole lots ReeLani....