Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a tasty side dish if you like mushrooms. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
Top Review by PanNan
I made this recipe to take to a pot luck lunch at work. It was so easy to put together with few ingredients. I didn't change a thing. The dish was enjoyed by all the mushroom lovers (including me).
- 2 (6 2/3 ounce) boxes wild rice mix, including
- butter, and
- herb seasoning mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 (8 ounce) packages baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, using the water and butter.
- Meanwhile, in large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shallot and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to cooked rice, stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately.