1/2 Photos of Wild Rice With Mushrooms
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
Time consuming and expensive. Be prepared to give wild rice as much cooking time as possible, occasionally it will require a bit more time as it absorbs water more slowly than regular rice. We often cook this while camping Source: Canadian govt publication
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour cold water over rice in strainer and lift rice with fingers (to remove
- 2any impurities).
- 3Combine rice and 1 1/3 cups water and bouillon.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer 60 minutes.
- 6* Meanwhile cook bacon partially and add mushrooms, green onion and thyme.
- 7Cook till bacon is crisp and mushrooms soft.
- 8Drain off fat.
- 9Add to cooked rice.
- 10Season with pepper.
- 11Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g