My inlaws are from Iowa, and we have this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is hard to come by in the South, but SO delicious and simple! You don't have to soak overnight, but it will cut down on cooking time quite a bit if you remember to do it.
My Private Note
cups co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the rice overnight in water.
- 2Rince the rice three times in warm water.
- 3Bring about 12 cups of water to a boil with the salt.
- 4Add rice, return to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 - 45 minutes until rice is beginning to open but not mushy.
- 6Drain excess water (Use a fine sieve collander or cheesecloth).
- 7To make the mushroom butter:.
- 8Melt butter over medium low heat.
- 9Add sliced green onions and simmer 1 - 2 minutes.
- 10Add mushrooms and simmer until water cooks off.
- 11Add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice With Mushroom Butter
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 1043.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g