Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Southern Living recipe I'm posting here to try later.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- Toast almonds in 1 T butter in saucepan.
- Remove almonds and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in pan and add onion. Cook until tender.
- Add broth, water, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in rice and return to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour until rice is tender.
- Drain off and extra broth. Stir in grapes and almonds.