Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A great side dish for roasted chicken, turkey or pork.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Rinse wild rice.
- Combine all ingredients, except onions and parsley in your crock pot.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 2 and 1/2 hours to 3 hours.
- With 30 minutes left to your cook time add the sliced green onions and parsley.
- Stir well and cover to complete cooking time.
- Note: Depending on how old your wild rice is, you may need to add 1 additional cup of chicken broth.