Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a meal in it's self, or great as a side dish with pork, chicken or cornish game hens.The recipe comes from WeightWatchers.com Points value 3.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, diced
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup chives, sliced (optional)
- Saute carrots in butter until lightly browned; add thyme, wild rice, apricots, broth and salt; bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir in long-grain rice and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.