Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
From Cooking Light. Great side for pork loin, beef tenderloin, duck or chicken. Makes 6 servings each about 3/4 cup.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped cremini mushrooms (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, omiting salt and fat. Stir in sherry and salt; cover and keep warm.
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots to pan; saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice mixture, parsley and pepper.