Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This deliciously different rice dish pairs well with either duck, turkey, goose or any pork roast.
Make and share this Wild Rice With Cranberries And Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Combine chicken broth and both rices in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and brown sugar.
- Cook 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and onions are soft and translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly cook onion, stirring often for 25 minutes or until they are caramel color.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until cranberries swell.
- Gently fold cranberry mixture and orange zest into cooked rice.