Recipe by Vyxie's Kitchen
This is the recipe off of the package of craisins. I am posting this because I haven't found it on this website, and want it for reference. It is so yummy and goes well with pork and turkey.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth and both rices in a medium saucepan. Boil over med-high heat, then reduce to low. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and the all liquid is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and brown sugar.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and onions are soft and translucent. Reduce heat to low. Slowly cook onions, until they are caramel color. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Cover and cook over low heat until cranberries swell. Fold cranberries, onions and orange zest into cooked rice.