Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is made in the crockpot and served in lettuce "cups." From "Family Circle" magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 carrot, fine dice
- 1 celery rib, fine dice
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce
- Spray the bowl of a crockpot with cooking spray.
- Rinse wild rice in cold water, then place in crockpot.
- Add broth, chicken, shallot, carrot, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in snap peas, and dressing ingredients.
- Remove 12 small, bowl-shaped leaves from the head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry.
- To serve: spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling in each lettuce cup.