5 hrs 10 mins
This is made in the crockpot and served in lettuce "cups." From "Family Circle" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 carrot, fine dice
- 1 celery rib, fine dice
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1Spray the bowl of a crockpot with cooking spray.
- 2Rinse wild rice in cold water, then place in crockpot.
- 3Add broth, chicken, shallot, carrot, and celery.
- 4Cover, and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- 5Remove cover and stir in snap peas, and dressing ingredients.
- 6Remove 12 small, bowl-shaped leaves from the head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry.
- 7To serve: spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling in each lettuce cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice With Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 211.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: